Starting New Bible Study Groups
Churches across Oklahoma are being challenged to start new Bible study groups as a part of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma’s ReConnect Sunday School emphasis. Starting new Bible study groups is one of the most effective ways your church can reach people for Christ. On average, every new group you begin will reach 10 new people. This video will provide 9 specific actions a Sunday School Director can take to lead the church to begin new Bible Study groups.
- When was the last new group started at your church?
- Reflect on the principle of one new group increases attendance by 10 people. What would the potential impact of 10 new people have on your church?
- What are some ideas you have about creating a “climate” of new groups?
- Share the value of having a goal for new groups next year. How many groups could your church start next year?
- What people groups might you consider starting a new group for?
- What kind of coaching network might be needed by a new group leader?